Had swollen eye and big lump on forehead, getting large. Is it dangerous?

My brother has had a s wollen eye and big lump over his eye on his forehead for several weeks. I thought the swlling went down but its very large and I am worried about the huge lump over his eye on his forehead.
He has no insurance and doesnt like doctors. I am trying to get him to the urgent care?
Is this dangerous? He is 51 years old and has very little medical care.
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 49 minutes later
Brief must definitely consult a doctor as early as possible.
Detailed answer...
I need to ask certain questions from you before I am able to advise you.
Since when this swelling is there?
Has this lump grown in size since then?
Is there any history of injury?
Is there any history of diabetes?
Is there any problem with his vision from the affected eye?
Does the lump ooze?
It would be better if you could upload a picture of the lump.There is a feature on the right side where you can upload the picture.
Waiting for your reply.
Follow-up: Had swollen eye and big lump on forehead, getting large. Is it dangerous? 37 minutes later
Dear Doc,
He says that he cannot remember hitting or injurying it.
I dont think he can see out of the swollen eye.
We do not have a hx of diabetes but he is a little over wt-not a lot and eats lots of candy and not many vegetables. It looks like someone took a baseball bat to his eye and forehead its purple and he says it only hurts a little which may not be very credible as he does not want to go to the doctor.
My son noticed his uncle had a swollen eye several weeks ago, but then I did not notice it and thought the swelling had gone down. But it apparently had not and its really ugly looking now and I just think its awfully close to his brain!!
I am sorry I have a smart phone but do not know how to send it to you-even if my brother would let me take a picture.
Did you have a chance to see the answers to your questions above.
He said it started on his forehead and he cannot see out of his eye and he will go to the urgent care with me on Thursday. I hope waiting two days will not make what he has terminal. HE tried putting a cold cloth on it but said it did not help.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Your reply suggests that this swelling has been probably caused by huge hematoma which has resulted from trauma on forehead  resulting in bleeding below the skin.Over a period of time this blood must have coagulated giving this lump appearance.
Since I have not seen the lump personally so it is very difficult for me to say anything beyond what I have stated above.However you may still try to send the picture to me by sending it to attachment at healthcare WWW.WWWW.WW and with a caption for attention to Dr XXXXXXX Kumar Gupta.
If you could send the photograph,may be I am able to shed some more light into it.
Best of luck