Had swollen armpits, lymph nodes in groin and neck. Sore throat and tired. What could it be?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have had swollen armpits about 6 weeks ago, my nodes were up in my groin and neck. Sore throat, sensitive to light and extreme tiredness. I carried on at work for 4 weeks and then couldn't manage due to the uncomfortableness I was feeling. So I went to docs and they've tested for glandular fever and it's a negative result, as I'm still not well, should I ask for further tests
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes you need further investigation. Detailed Answer: Hello I have studied your case. As per your symptoms there is possibility of lymph node involvement. Yes you need further investigation as symptoms are not decreasing after long period. I will advise to do further blood investigation and FNAC of swelling should be done. MRI scan can be done if clinically required. Till time you can start medication and antibiotic. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.