Had swelling after lymph node biopsy. Done with skin biopsy test. What does the report indicate?

I received this pathology report from a skin biopsy done after having some swelling after a lymoh node biopsy. My surgeon is out of town and I was hoping you could decipher this for me.
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is a benign(not dangerous) tumor Vs Cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

This reports shows the diagnosis of a leiomyoma. This is a benign tumor resulting from an abnormal proliferation of smooth muscles. In contrast to cancer, it has no potential to spread to other areas or cause far reaching damages. This tumor can occur in any organ with smooth muscles like the uterus, intestines, esophagus, skin, etc.

There is no need to get worried. However, if the size is concerning, then you may want to get it excised for esthetic purposes and to relief local pressure on surrounding structures.

I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you for using our services and please feel free to request for clarifications if need be. I wish you well.
Dr, Ditah, MD