Had suspected gall stones. Is it safe to infuse the colon using colon cleans supplement orally?

General Surgeon
Is it safe to infuse the colon using a colon cleans suppliment designed to be taken orally ?
The powder I purchased contains: psylilim husk powder, senna leaf powder, fennel seed, papaya leaf,
peppermint leaf, buckthorn bark, celery seed, barberry root, XXXXXXX hips and acidophulus
The reason for taking the
colon cleans product was a slight cramping on my lower left side. This
started when I resumed an exercise program. I thought that this might not
be muscle related, reading that Buckthorn is used to restore colon integrity
I purchased the colon cleans powder containing Buckthorn. I also purchased
Buckthron seed oil. This has proved effective also to help restore colon lining.
I suspected that due to the green coffee treatments my colon might have been
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Colon cleaning supplements are not the best idea.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Coffee enema is not the best way to treat gallstones. Actually it cant treat gallstones. Its just impossible. Nowadays, the only proven method of gallstones treatment is surgery. So either your gallstones are still there or the symptoms were caused by something else.
Coffee enema can be very XXXXXXX procedure and can give serious complications including large intestine inflammation or even perforation.
Taking another herbal agent does not seem to be the best solution for you. Colon does not need any medicines to heal linings wounds. It does it by its own. Moreover intestines heal very quickly (few days).

Lower left abdominal pain or cramps can be caused by diverticulitis (especially if you have had any constipation) or colon cancer. Please note that colon cancer risk significantly increases over the age of 50. That is why every person over 50 should have colonoscopy every 10 years.

I suggest you to do not use colon cleans supplements. Instead of that, please visit your doctor and have colonoscopy done.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.