Had surgical abortion. Is it possible for me to get pregnant again? Can ovulation occur within a few days of termination of pregnancy?

I am 20 yrs old and had a surgical abortion on Friday. The Tuesday before I had unprotected sex with my bf. I was 4-6 weeks along. I wanted to know if it were possible for me to get pregnant again after the procedure from the sexual encounter 2 1/2 to 3 days before? Can ovulation even occur within 3-4 days after termination of pregnancy? Doesn't it take atleast 10-14 days? Or am I just being overly stressed? Thanks for your reply in really nervous and scared.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 9 hours later

Thanks for posting the query.

No you can not become pregnant as in surgical abortion suction evacuation and curettage is done and products of conception are removed and endometrium is not prepared for the implantation.

But chances of an incomplete abortion are there and usually doctor's do check ultrasound after the procedure , if not done in your case you can go for the repeat ultrasound. That is all that you should do.

So relax and stop worrying about becoming pregnant.

Hope my answer will be some help to you. Any further query is most welcome.

Best wishes.