Had surgery to stretch bladder,fix uterus and ovaries before children. Had open Hysterectomy. Having balanced diet. Suggestions?

General Surgeon
dr shareef, No i do not like fast food. General Daily intake of food is.
Breakfast..1 piece wholgrain toast with honey & banana
Lunch..Sandwich..or meat & Vegs or salad
Dinner...Cereal with fruit,milk raw sugar,piece fruit, biscuit plain cup of tea
maybe weekends an icecream,coffee,
My surgery includes, surgery to stretch bladder,fix uterus & ovaries before children,,open
Hysterectomy, around tummy button.knee surgery,appendectomy open
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 6 hours later
Hi ! Thanks for the detailed report of your previous surgeries. It is good that your diet is well balanced. With the history of so many surgeries, possibly your doctor is not wrong in provisionally diagnosing you as a case of intestinal obstruction. Your history says that you are passing gases all right and your bowel habits are normal. With this as I also mentioned earlier, the diagnosis goes towards a sub acute form of intestinal obstruction, where intermittently the bowel passage gets obstructed due to some band somewhere from the old surgeries, and then when the obstruction gets cleared, you feel alright and start passing gases. Until you pass gases and stool, there is no urgency. However, I would advise you to get yourself reviewed by your general surgeon, who can judge the exact position on clinical examination and further investigations. Possibly, depending on your abdominal scars and judgment of the treating surgeon, you may need a diagnostic/therapeutic laparoscopy if your symptoms become severe enough to warrant it.
I hope this will help you in deciding on further course of action at your end. If you have any further queries, do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, you can end the discussion and rate the same. Wishing you a fast recovery.
Follow-up: Had surgery to stretch bladder,fix uterus and ovaries before children. Had open Hysterectomy. Having balanced diet. Suggestions? 46 minutes later
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 46 hours later
You are welcome.

I would appreciate if you can close this discussion and leave your feed backs.

Good luck!!