Had surgery to remove ovary. Have regular periods, taking folic acid but have dry skin near mouth. PCOS?

Please can you advice if this is related to PCOS, I have my periods regular and there are no issues after the surgery. I ve been taking folic acid tabs , but see no difference. Should I go for any treatment or drugs, my skin is oily but dry over that area near my mouth, so its quite visible.
Thanks in Advance.
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
It may not be related to PCOS but treatment needed

Detailed Answer:
Firstly it has to be seen what is causing these itchy lesions. Acne at times can be itchy and can involve areas around mouth. It could also be perioral dermatitis where the area around mouth can be itchy dry with raised pimple like lesions.
PCOS induced acne presents around jaw area. other associated findings are increased hair growth,oily skin, dandruff, hair fall. So your lesions may or may not have any relation with PCOS which has already been treated. So basically a treatment has to be added, to treat these lesions.
I would advise you to attach images of the lesions, so that I can make a probable diagnosis and suggest treatment accordingly.
In the meanwhile,
use cetaphil os cleanser
Apply cetaphil moisturiser over areas around mouth to reduce dryness
if there is itching, take tablet cetirizine

Hoping to hear from you soon.