Had surgery to remove cyst from knee and varicose vein surgery. Bleeding not stopped. Should I be worried?

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
Question
I had surgery to remove a football sized cyst (benign) below the knee 10 days ago. It has done a bleed this afternoon ...should I worry. I am a very fit 64 yr female...19.5 body mass
I also had varicose vein surgery, but that is healing very well. The area from whence tha lump was incised is naturally still very tender.
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Mayank Singh 26 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX
thank you for posting your query on healthcare magic
Since you have mentioned that the cyst was benign which was excised 10 days back , what was the cyst diagnosed to be ? What was the pathology report of the excised cyst as it is not very common to have such cysts of the size you have mentioned.
With what information you have given ill answer your query.There should not be a very tender area after excision 10 days ago , and the bleed on the 10th day after surgery may be a secondary hemorrhage which is a sign of impending infection.I hope you are still on antibiotics and anti inflammatory analgesic medicines.
Ill suggest you to immediately contact the operating surgeon for this bleed and tenderness to rule out or treat this infection which may be developing .If there is no signs of infection on examination then the surgeon will find out on examination any other cause of bleed.
I hope I have answered to all your queries .If you have any further doubts kindly re-post again and if you do not have more questions kindly accept my answer.
God Bless