Had surgery on wisdom tooth. Noticed black under tooth. What can this be?

General Surgeon
hi doc on Tuesday I had a surgeory on my wisdom teeth the dentist worked on my teeth from the root because it was broken from the root.. when the dentist was working on it I had an absense I let him know he said it was fine and today I looked at my teeth and it looks black under the teeth what can it be.
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be small haematoma.

Detailed Answer:

Thankyou for posting in XXXXXXX

The black colour is due to haematoma,i.e.collection of blood.

A small blood vessel in that area might be injured when your doctor was doing the procedure.Blood has collected and became a clot.It looks black.Nothing to worry.

It will be dissolved.

Antibiotic has to be taken to prevent infection.Anti inflammatory medicine has to be added.

Hope i answered yiur query.

Wish you speedy recovery