Had surgery on shoulders, knees and two ruptured disks. Having chronic pain. Do I have fibromyalgia?

I have work injurys, I was a custodian at a university. I have had surgerys on both my shoulders, on both knees, and two ruptured disks. I have chronic pain and I have gotten a foregetful mind, Do you think that I have fomeyalgia? If I do can these injurys may have caused it ?
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Physical and emotional trauma may cause it.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX thanks for your query.

Post traumatic stress disorder is associated with Fibromyalgia.

So we can not rule out that fibromyalgia in your case may be due to physical and emotional stress.

There are other causes like genetics and infection also.

This may not be a definitive cause but it is a supportive evidence from your past history of extensive physical trauma.

There symptoms are dull aching pain, pain while putting muscles to acting.
If your symptoms are consistent with it then consult your doctor.

Hope the answer helps you.