Had surgery on neck. Having a painful lump at the bottom of back. What could this be?
User rating for this question
Hi I am 54 years old ad have had surgery on my back at the top of my neck, but over the last year I have developed a lump at the bottom of my back about 50cm from the left hand side of my spine. Recently I have been getting a lot of pain in the area of this lump it effects the left hip and stop me from going to the toilet, it also gives me discomfort in my groin area and my left leg. when it starts I just cannot walk it last about 4 days then I can start walking but the pain is very painful, I told my Doctor of this and he told me it was a piece of gristle, and it would go, but at present it is the size of a golf ball.
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 7 hours later
Brief Answer: You need medication and investigation Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. According to your history there is possibility of benign swelling around your spine and hip. As swelling is not reducing and giving pain while walking I will advise you to further investigate for the cause of swelling. I will advise you to do MRI and Ultrasound of the swelling. If its collection or benign mass it can be excised. Till time you can take anti-inflammatory and antibiotic if infection is suspected. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care
People also viewed
- Weight gain and swelling above the collarbone
- Lump on back of neck and joint pain
- Different types of hand surgery
- Hiv 1 and 2 differences
- Different types of myocardial infarction
- Back pain lump on the back what is it
- Swollen neck itchy red swollen collarbone
- Very moving lump collarbone muscle knot
- Treatment for back pain after back and neck surgery
- Neck pain and hard lump on back of neck
- Indigestion and pain in collarbone
- Hepatomegaly and diffuse hepatic steatosis
- Pain around collarbone when inhaling
- Lump in back of neck in hairline and neck pain?
- Different types of personality disorders