Had surgery for vitreous hemorrhage. Eye still dilated and drooping. Suggest

Ophthalmologist
Question
I had surgery for a vitreous hemorrhage on May 21. My eye is still dilated and my eye lid is drooping.
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
My Dear,
Thank you for sending your query to us.
This is a big surgery, and may lead to a lot of inflammation in and around the eye. Usually we allow the dilatation to stop after a while.
Both these problems gradually reduce over a period of time.
Continue with the medications. Your inflammation and vision both would improve gradually.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.

Follow-up: Had surgery for vitreous hemorrhage. Eye still dilated and drooping. Suggest 2 days later
Thank you for your answer. It makes me feel better. My doctor would not say that my vision would return to what it was before the surgery. I suppose he was just being cautious and I want to be well today.

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 35 minutes later
Dear,

Thanks for getting back to us.

True most of the times it is difficult to predict the precise outcome of the surgery as there are various parameters which govern it.
Still there has been some time and you should start showing result by now. It is not a bad idea to ask your doctor about the time it is supposed to take for a full recovery, and /or if there are any remedial measures to be taken then this is the right time.

Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.