Had surgery for perianal abcess. Having a harden elevated area above the incision. What could this be?

hi, I had surgery for a perianal abcess done 3 wks ago...I have a harden area that is elevated just above the incision. Could this just be the tissue healing. It is sore when I have bowel movement and seems to be more elevated duriang this. I am still draining alittle as well a little blood on my t drains.
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow tha suggestions below Detailed Answer: Hi Thank you asking XXXXXXX I read carefully your concerns and i am sorry for your situation. There can be two causes for the symptoms you are having. 1. The first is tissue healing which off course is not concerning 2. The second is that this harden elevated area is infection of the tissue around the incision. But at this case it should be painful and white color. At first I'd recommend to avoid constipation using plenty water and food XXXXXXX in fibers so your defecation will be more easy. I'd suggest you to consult your proctologys or your surgeon, so they will see exactly what is it. If you have any other concerns , please feel free and write me back. all the best Dr.klerida