Had surgery for ganglion on ankle. Bumps appeared and oozes liquid. What care should I take?

I have a ganglion on my ankle. I have had it surgically removed twice.It returns and it is not a problem,however two weeks ago I must have bumped it and now it oozes a clear liquid. I cannot get it to stop.Ihave kept it clean and tried ointments and spray skin to no avail.Can you please advise what to do.
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 21 minutes later
The ganglion cysts loosely called 'Ganglion' are abnormal cystic growth around the joints, they are most common around wrist and knee joints. Ganglions mostly communicates with nearby joint and contain a fluid that is similar in characteristics to synovial fluid.
In your case I think the ganglion has ruptured and it is connected to the joint so it is causing a persistent fluid leak from the joint.
It can caus infection of the joint and septic arthritis which are serious complications.
I would advise you to seek help of your surgeon and get it excised.
An infilteration of steroid triamcinolone reduces recurrences and also symptoms.
I hope that answers your query.