Had surgery for fracture of neck of femur. Got nails inserted. CT scan normal, when to remove nails?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Dear Doctor,
i met with accidebt and got my surgery done for a fracture of neck of femur on may 18th 2012. doctor inserted 3nails or screws and advised for removal any time after one year. my recent CT scan shows that everything is nomal and fracture healed. can you advise me the right time to get second surgery done to removal of cannulated screws?
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

As your CT is normal, fracture is healed, and one-year time has passed, you can go ahead with the second surgery now for removal of cannulated screw without any harm.

Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern.
Please accept my answer if you do not have any more query.