Had surgery for broken cheekbone and fractured eye socket. Eyes watering. Guide

I had surgery 6 months ago for a broken cheekbone and fractured eye socket, a few weeks after my eye would sting and water a lot in the morning and it feels like something is under my top eye lid, I'm still having this problem today, I've had 4 checkups by eye specialists and nobody can find a problem?!
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 12 hours later
thanks for the query.

Watery eye is termed epiphora and causes are varied including emotional, infectious, irritative. poor drainage etc.
However, from the information you have given, one of your eyes waters occasionally following a stinging sensation and all started after you had surgery on your cheek bone and eye socket.

The symptoms you are experiencing could possible be explained by irritation of the eye and or by partial blockage of the tear drainage. This could have been cause by the trauma which probably had an effect on the tear drainage system or as the fracture or damage tissue heals thus causing an irritation which causes the eye to tear. A CT scan is imperative to evaluate the eye socket so as to see if there is no exaggerated growth of a bony structure or other structures capable of irritating the eye.
It is also possible that a hair is tilted towards your eye and causes irritation and tearing. This is put into evidence by observing the directions of all hair in the eyelid.
Management depends widely on treating the underlying cause.

Hope this sheds some light on the possible causes. If you have further query, i will be glad to help.
Best regards