Ask a Urologist   »  

Had surgery for bladder tumour. Painful urination and severe pain at the opening of urethra. What could it be?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I just had surgery for bladder tumor , low grade."my symptoms before surgery were painful ruination,frequency,and very severe pain at the opening of. The urethera. Since surgery this pain has continued. As before surgery it does not happen every day" there is usually one day and sometimes two days without pain" what cant his be I know I cannot be the only person this has happened to. But I am treated as though I am making it up .

Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
The most important thing is that there is no recurence of tumor.
Certain degree of such difficulties are expected after bladder surgeries(even up to 2 years postoperatively) and also uroinfection are more likely to happen in your case. So do frequent urine analysis and treat uroinfection if there is one.
Your medical history indicate that there were several procedures that may cause abdominal adhesions and it can lead to pelvic pressure and bowel pressure so it can cause similar pain that you have.
At this point you should drink plenty of fluids, cranberry teas and do urine analysis.
If pain persist you should do ct pelvic scan to see what happens in your pelvic organs,kidneys and ureter.
Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards