Had surgery for Omentum. Had chemo after removal of ovaries due to cancer. Getting stomach pain. Suggest?

Oncologist, Surgical
HI My Mother Went under surgery for Omentum,Ovaris Removal because of Cancer. After that She went through 2 more cycles of Chemo which showed positive results also CA 125 shows no signs of cancer. But after 4 months of Surgery she is getting Stomach pain and we consulted the doctor, who suggested us to go for a Scanning. Will Attach the Reports. He is suggesting some mass formed in her abdomen which has to be removed. I am here for second opinion.Can this be cured by Medicine? or what are all the procedures available for removal of Mass.
Added the Reports
1)CA 125
2)Scan Report

Added Prescription Copy also
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. K. Harish 8 hours later
I understand that the patient must have cancer of the ovary which has been operated and has received chemotherapy. My further comments are based on this. Please ignore my comments if the first sentence of my understanding is wrong.

Cancer of the ovary has been treated appropriately according to your statement. However, two things can happen later.

1. there could be recurrence (cancer can reappear in abdomen despite therapy)

2. there could be adhesions (parts of intestine can get attached to other loops or to areas in abdomen)

In either of these situations, patient can have colicky abdominal pain. Both recurrence and adhesions can result in cystic areas (fluid filled cavities).

CA 125 appears to be OK

Only ultrasound abdomen has been done. I would suggest a CT scan to evaluate the patient better.

Your doctor is the best judge as to whether the mass is tumor or adhesions.
In either case, surgery is the best option. However, if there are large areas of recurrence which cannot be totally removed, it is bad for the patient. Similarly if intestines are badly struck to one another, it could result in failed surgery or holes in intestine which could be life threatening.

Of course, what I have told is the worst scenario. Your case could be better and as I see it, surgery with its inherent risks would be the best solution.

Please check on pros and cons in detail before proceeding