Had surgery due to labral tear and hip is painful. MRI showed everything normal. Cause for pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
i HAD A LABRAL TEAR AND HAD SURGERY ON NOW MY HIP IS SO PAINFULL THIS IS THE MRI I HAD AND THE DOC SAID EVERYTHING LOOKED GOOD...
THEN WHY AM I IN SO MUCH PAIN
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 10 hours later
I have seen the MRI report attached. It is suggestive of a mild capsular adhesion may be due to a fibrosis or inflammation. The operative area is alright and there is no repeat tear.
This mild capsular adhesion is likely to improve on doing a hot fomentation and regular physiotherapy under the guidance of a physical therapist. You can also get some anti inflammatory medicines prescribed from your orthopedician.
The complete recovery may take 4-6 weeks.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.