Had surgery due to an impact on nut sack. Noticed a small pea sized lump on the right side. Reason?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
hi, i had surgery a few years ago due to an impact on my nut sack. now a few years later i noticed a small pea sized lump on the right side. over the last few days it has gotten bigger, and it painful to touch, any idea of how serious this is?. i go to my doctor in 3 weeks, and cannot go any sooner due to my remote location.
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been operated for injury to your scrotum few years back

Now you have noticed swelling on Rt side of scrotum close to the testis or epididymis.

Most probably this is likely to be a Spermatocele and is not related to your previous injury. If it is only on the skin, it could be folliculitis or another skin infection. This can be confirmed only on clinical examination and Ultrasound scanning of scrotum.

Please consult qualified Urologist for evaluation.

If it is increasing in size and embarrassing you due to pain you will need to get it excised,,
keeping in mind that there are chances of it recurring again.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..

Follow-up: Had surgery due to an impact on nut sack. Noticed a small pea sized lump on the right side. Reason? 57 minutes later
thanks this eases my mind. it is inside the scrotum next to the right testicle, i took some Tylenol today and it seems to hurt less and maybe went down a little. i am on a ship in Indonesia and will not be able to get off unless it is a emergency. i hope this helps you further decide what it might be. i go to the Urologist as soon as i get home, do you think i have anything to be concerned about, at the most it is just a little tender. thanks

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 17 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for follow up. It is nothing else but Spermatocele.

It does not need any treatment unless painful or increases in size.

Continue taking pain killer that you are taking now.
.
You can consult Urologist as you have planned after reaching your parent country..

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Had surgery due to an impact on nut sack. Noticed a small pea sized lump on the right side. Reason? 11 minutes later
Thank you again you have eased my mind i was starting to get a little worried. many thanks

Regards XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 28 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for feedback and comments.
We at health care always try to ease out your worries.
If you have time post your review on this forum.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil