Had surgery done for ruptured ACL. Recently got knee injury. Have I ruptured the ACL again?

Radiologist
Question
I injured my left knee after a i twisted it during soccer practice.

The first visit at the doctor gave me no clear answers after X-ray and stability check.

I had XXXXXXX hydrops after two days and at the doctor I had a minor deficit during the extension test (less than 15 degrees) -

I have previously ruptured my ACL and had surgery in 2010 where this was reconstructed, along a minor meniscus surgery. Today I took Magnetic resonance imaging of the knee - the images was sent as an attachment from the e-mail:
YYYY@YYYY earlier today.

Have I ruptured the ACL again or is it a meniscus injury or something else minor?

I se
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
I have seen all images you attached. I would like to know few things.
Is there history of trauma again? Why you visited the doctor this time?

Also if possible please upload old MRI REPORTS because it necessary to differentiate old and new injuries. If possible please send whole scan as attachment on my mail id YYYY@YYYY .
We will have detailed discussion definitely.

Looking forward for your response.

Regards.

Follow-up: Had surgery done for ruptured ACL. Recently got knee injury. Have I ruptured the ACL again? 15 minutes later
Replied you on email

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 11 hours later
Hi, welcome back.
Something went wrong, I didn't get your mail. Please try again otherwise I will manage on these images only.

Regards.

Follow-up: Had surgery done for ruptured ACL. Recently got knee injury. Have I ruptured the ACL again? 2 days later
Ok, Please reply taken the given images into consideration only

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 8 hours later
Hi, welcome back XXXXXXX.
Your ACL is not ruptured again. From the given images it looks like meniscal injury. There is free fluid known as joint effusion in knee. It suggests injury is recent one.
However considering previous history it looks like it is related to first trauma. No need to bother too much. If you significant symptoms like pain and mobility problem then it needs surgical correction.
Sorry but there are limitations to discuss on limited study.

Hope I have answered your query.

Regards.