Had sudden random ache in upper shoulder and neck area. Suggest?

Twice recently, I've had a sudden ache in my upper shoulder/neck area. It lasts about 2 minutes then fade away. It has been random, not from lifting or stretching.
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Non specific.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would suggest you that it is a very non specific complaint and we cannot pin point a diagnosis by this . But still I would suggest you to get your metabolic profile done namely Calcium , phosphate , ALP , Vitamin D levels . A cervical spine x XXXXXXX will also be needed for ruling out any bony abnormality .

You need to see a rheumatologist for this and physical examination is necessary to look out for the structures giving rise to pain .

Dr. Shruti