Had sub-clinical hypothyroidism. Have low back pain. Suggestions

hello doctor ,

My endocronologist confirmed that i had sub-clinical hypothyroidism. she already started treatment with low dose.She also did tests for other autoimmune diseases.

My full XXXXXXX profile is completely negative. She also did tests for RA . Which includes anti-CCP, SED rate and RF. RF and SED rate are OK but my anti-CCP is 21.9 .

When I asked her whether I only have thyroid problem, she replied saying YES. She asked me whether I had any joints problem.I told I don't have any but i said I have low back pain. She told everything was ok with me except thyroid.

Please go through these reports and tell me whether I had any autoimmune diseases. Also clarify me whether I had RA .

with regards, XXXXXXX
Asked by Me , 1 hour ago     
Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Nice to hear from you.
I have seen your reports and find that anti ccp antibodies test is positive.
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a systemic inflammatory disease characterized by chronic and erosive poliarthritis  and this causes irreversible joint disability. It is the most common inflammatory arthritis, affecting from 0.5 to 1% of the general population worldwide.The disease may appear at any age, but it is most common among those aged from 40 to 70 years and its incidence increases with age. 
The most important symptom for this disease is pain.
Positive anti CCP antibodies can show up many years before the actual onset of RA symptoms.
 It's like a predicator of a possible future state. A positive CCP is very specific for RA. 70% of people with RA are CCP positive.
If you have symptoms,then you need treatment but if not,then just forget about it.
There are two things I would like to mention .. can't do anything about it
2nd...there are chances you may never get the disease.
The positive aspect of the  test is that you know about it.
At the moment you don't have RA.
If at all you get symptoms in future,you know you would start the treatment immediately.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Had sub-clinical hypothyroidism. Have low back pain. Suggestions 23 hours later
Hello doctor,

The value in this report really mean I'm positive. I had a low back pain since some days. I'm really concerned about it. Why my doctor told I'm ok then?

since all my anti-body tests are negative , and only slight abnormality in this test, How much is my probability in getting this disease.

Can you tell me the correct anti-ccp value for RA patients usually?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 10 minutes later
As I explained you above,your report is positive.
Since rheumatoid arthritis presents with pain in small joints and never presents with back pain,your doctor dismissed this.
Moreover low backache can be caused by various other causes.
As I told you above,there are chances that you may not develop rheumatoid arthritis at all,although chances are definitely high.
You are deemed negative if your anti CCP values are below 15.
You can see the reference range in your test report.
Follow-up: Had sub-clinical hypothyroidism. Have low back pain. Suggestions 3 minutes later
Do you mean chances of getting RA is definitely high eventhough they are chances of not getting it at all, in my case?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 minutes later
There are definitely high chance for you to get it but nothing can be done about it and so you should stop worrying about it and don't develop any anxiety over this issue.
You may not get it at all also.
Follow-up: Had sub-clinical hypothyroidism. Have low back pain. Suggestions 7 minutes later
also doctor my tear level is also dropped. My eye doctor told my right eye is secreating 15mm and left eye is secreting 30mm . He told me it might not be sjogrens syndrome as tears level should decrease in both eyes equally. He told me that it might be because I am on the computer all the time.

I specially went to India only to address my medical conditions.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 minute later
Your doctor is absolutely right.