Had stroke, diagnosed as cerebral infarction, unconscious, has right sided paralysis. Chances of survival?

my grandma had got a stroke yesterday.she has been admitted n doctors hav said that she got a cerebral infarction n they hav kept her under observation for 72 hrs.she is unconscious since last 24 hrs n suffered from right sided paralysis.what r her chances of survival.her age is 85 yrs.
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 34 minutes later
A stroke occurs when blood flow is interrupted to a part of the brain, either when an artery bursts or becomes closed when a blood clot lodges in it. 

Depending on the region of the brain affected, a stroke can cause paralysis, loss of vision, speech impairment, memory loss and reasoning ability, coma, or death. The effects of a stroke are determined by how much damage occurs, and which portion of the brain is affected.

Stroke is fatal for a large number of old people at such advanced age. Stroke survivors may be left with significant deficits. Emergency treatment and comprehensive rehabilitation can significantly improve both survival and recovery.

Considering her age,the prognosis and chances look very bleak however, recovery can take place, which depends upon several factors, and miracles do happen.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
If there is no other question to ask then,you may please close this query.
Best of luck