Had stroke. Took actilyse. Started problem in pronouncing words. What to do?

My husband suffered a stroke last August and has made a fantastic recovery thanks to the drug Actilyse administered within the 3 hrs time frame. He has since had problems with pronouncing words every now and again but today it having a lot more problems and at times is speaking gobblydegook. He is due at our Health Centre tomorrow for a check up but I am unsure if he needs to be seen today
Thank you
Lily Morris
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 14 hours later

In my opinion, I feel you can still wait for tomorrow and get his check up done.

If you have a home blood pressure monitoring device, please check his blood pressure. If it is normal, you can wait until tomorrow without any fear.

Make sure to get his blood pressure checked without fail at the doctor's office tomorrow.

However, if his symptoms worsen, please take him to the ER (Emergency Room).

Overall, I feel he should be doing well as of now.

Do write back for follow up queries that you may have.