Had strep throat. Found white bump on tonsil and boil on leg. Any thoughts?

ENT Specialist
I had strep throat about a week ago , I examined my tonsil and I have a white bump on one. I also had a boil on my leg.
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 32 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us about your query.

I read your query regarding your throat infection involving tonsils. As you said that you have a white bump on your one tonsil, this indicates for acute follicular tonsillitis. You have also noticed a boil on your leg.

Your symptoms clinically favors the strep infection. So I will like to suggest you to consult ENT doctor for thorough examination,and relevent investigation and treatment. Because strep infection has lot of systemic complications which may be avoided by taking prompt treatment under care of expert hands.

I hope this explanation answers your query.