Had stomach vrius, now have herpes on buttocks. Is this the end of the virus?

I had a stomach virus for two weeks and now I have herpes on my butt. is this the end of the virus
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 57 minutes later
Hello sir,

The stomach infection which is commonly called stomach flu is mainly caused by Norovirus in the United States.

The spread is through contaminated food, personal contact with infected person and droplet infection.

It is usually a self limiting disease and gets settled in 2-3 days but in case of elderly person the symptoms can be severe and may last a little longer.

Norovirus is not known to cause skin eruptions.

So the eruptions you got could be due to another infection by a stomach infection.

Since you have been having stomach infection for 2 weeks it is better to get treated.

Presently see if you have:-

-Do you have any blood in stools?
-Is there severe pain in abdomen?
-Do you have fever?

If any of these are present then it will be more likely a bacterial infection and needs to be treated with antibiotics like metronidazole, ofloxacin etc.

Please visit a doctor to get physically examined as it will help you in two ways:-

-If it is an infection other than viral he will prescribe the necessary treatment.
-Secondly he will examine the eruptions to see whether they are viral or something else.

Accordingly he will prescribe you the needed medication orally as well as for local application over the eruptions.

Please write back with your queries to help you better.