Had stomach upset and diarrhea. Having pinkish mucus with diarrhea and bowel movements. Should I be worried?

Hi, I had an upset stomach last night, and some diarrhea this mooring. I noticed some pinkish mucus with the diarrhea and I never seen this before. No bold in stools. I have a few more bowel movements today as my stomach is still upset and noisy. I am worried about the pink, would that be serious
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later

The pinkish mucus could be due to colitis ( inflammation of the colon). The most common cause of colitis is infection. You can get your stool tested for confirmation. It is not a serious condition.
You may need to take a course of antibiotics. Probiotics/ yogurt would hasten the recovery.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini