Had stomach pain and done with CT scan. Minimally prominent lymph nodes in right lower quadrant. Would this have an impact on spleen?

I just went to a gastroenterologist last week for stomach pain that I have had on and off for years. Had a CT scan today and I always assumed it was my gallbladder or pancreas, but the results say the gallbladder and pancreas are unremarkable. The impression at the end states " Mild splenomegaly. Minimally prominent lymph nodes in the right lower quadrant mesentery that are likely reactive. No visible inflamed bowel. No CT findings for an acute intra-abdominal process otherwise." My doctor is out of town until next week, which upsets me because I should have to wait, but I want to know what this means. A) There was no mass seen in my enlarged spleen, so what could cause that? B) Why would my lymph nodes be minimally prominent in lower quadrant mesentery and what does it mean that they are reactive? I am so tired of stressing over this and I would really appreciate an answer. ALSO, I was having a herpes simplex 1 outbreak at the time and it was bad. My lymph nodes around my neck were extremely swollen from the herpes outbreak. In your professional opinion would this impact the spleen?
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 4 days later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query
Lymph nodes and spleen for part of the immune system involved in surveillence and response to any infection. Hence they may be enlarged with any infection. In the abdomen many a times we see small lymph nodes which or otherwise inconsequential. This is because the intestines are exposed to a variety of infectious agents every day and low grade intestinal inflammation is common. Similarly spleen may be enlarged in any of the infections. Other causes of splenic enlargement are if it is engorged with blood in cases of portal hypertension or if it has a mass lesion. Sine there is no evidence to suggest either in your CT, It is probably safe to assume that the splenic enlagement is also because of an infection.
HSV 1 usually causes localised infection and hence is unlikely to be the cause of abdominal lymph node enlargement