Had stomach pain. Feel bloating and concaved. Having vaginal discharge. All tests normal. What could it be?

Hi there, I have for a few months now had a stomach that seems to be almost always rumbling and either bloated or quite the opposite (almost concaved and empty). I also have been having excess vaginal discharge and have been sweating quite badly at night (which I have never experienced in the past). I have had a poo sample tested and vaginal swabs done and they all came back normal. If someone is able to help me at all I would be so grateful! It's been going on for so long :(
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can be due to irritable bowel. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The alternating rumbling and bloating with emptiness of the stomach that you have might be a result of an irritable bowel syndrome- more prominent with stress and anxiety. The excessive vaginal discharge is not worrisome if the infection has been ruled out. Try to do some dietary changes and lifestyle modifications for relief. 1.Some vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts) and legumes (beans) may worsen bloating and gassiness and should be avoided. 2.Drink plenty of water, and avoid carbonated drinks such as soda, which may cause gas and discomfort. 3.Eat smaller meals and eat slowly to help reduce cramping. 4.Low fat, high carbohydrate meals such as pasta, rice, and whole-grain breads may help . 5. Reduce Caffeine,Alcohol,Dairy products,Fatty foods,Artificial sweeteners . You can use some over the counter drugs like pepto bismol, tums, imodium, entrocalm, etc for symptomatic relief. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Had stomach pain. Feel bloating and concaved. Having vaginal discharge. All tests normal. What could it be? 18 minutes later
Thanks dr, i am eating healthy and havent changed my diet much so i dont think this could have been caused by food.. However if stress can cause the tummy thing then you could be right about that. I am still conserned about the vaginal discharge too though. Do you think it could be related at all? And the heavy sweating at night? To be honest the sweating and the vagina issues are bothering me more than the upset stomach.. The discharge is quite a lot. Enough to put me off of having sex with my husband because its so gross. Some days i could probably collect 2 shot glasses of the stuff out of my knickers (sorry). And the sweating is dirtying my sheets every single night and causing me to wake up feeling reallydrained
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Thyroid levels need evaluation. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. The excessive vaginal discharge or the sweating at night are not related symptoms. The discharge is not worrisome if infection has been ruled out. It can happen due to hormonal changes also. Avoid irritation of the genital organs caused by various factors such as dirt, soiled under garments, intestinal worms and excessive mental stimulation of sex or masturbation. Night sweats can indicate an under-active thyroid - this is the gland that regulates our metabolism.You need to get your thyroid levels checked. Another common reason is environmental factors, such as too many covers or heavy pajamas. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards
Follow-up: Had stomach pain. Feel bloating and concaved. Having vaginal discharge. All tests normal. What could it be? 9 hours later
Thanks doctor i will get levels checked :) Just one more question if i may.. You mentioned intestinal worms? How do they come about and can i be checked for that? Also if that is an issue how do i fix it? Thanks :)
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Stool test for OPC Detailed Answer: Hello. To find out the intestinal worms, you can get your stool examination done. It can be easily treated with anti helminthic medicines like albendazole. This infestation is usually associated with improper hygiene and taking contaminated food. Regards.