Had stomach discomfort upon twisting and stretching. What could it be?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
two days ago I had lower right stomach discomfort upon pressing and twisting stretching an sitting, today the discomfort is almost gone I only really feel it when stretching, no nausea no sick feeling no fever no pain, could this have been gas or pulled muscle from coughing the last week and a half? I am an 30 year old male
thank you in advance!
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Moustafa Saeed 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes can be muscle pain

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for your question.

The pain came after period of coughing and it is improving now with no other stomach symptoms.

I believe it is muscular.

Try to take simple pain killers (analgesia) for few days, if it doesn't settle then see your doctor.