Had stitches and getting pimples in the same area. What do you recommend?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2014
Dec 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
After being circumsized where the stitches were there are small pimples there now and have been for over a year
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 3 minutes later
Hello Welcome to XXXXXXX These are just the small skin tags at the site of stitches. Mostly absorbable sutures are used in circumcision and on being dissolved there remain small skin tags at suture site. These are absolutely normal. There is no need to worry. Thanks

Follow-up: Had stitches and getting pimples in the same area. What do you recommend? 41 days later
After using the washroom i wipe myself clean but i have to go back 3 and 4 times to wipe again. Especially if im sweating. This is really uncomfortabl e

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello again Detailed Answer: If this is very uncomfortable then please avoid wiping again and again and if that is not possible then wipe with soft cotton cloth only. You can clean with cotton and with mild anti septic like diluted savlon. This will prevent deposition of smegma again and again. Thanks

Follow-up: Had stitches and getting pimples in the same area. What do you recommend? 7 minutes later
I googled anal leakage and got some info. But is this normal or is there a problem. And i have to wipe

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello again Detailed Answer: Anal leakage is not a common problem, but such type of symptoms can occur due to some fistula or minor anal infection. You should start anti-biotic course inorder for anal infection. Describe your problem in detail whether there is blood discharge from the anus or its just sweating like discharge. If it is sweating like discharge and burning on anus then you can apply lecto-calamine lotion over affected area. This is absolutely normal and there is no reason to fear. Thanks

Follow-up: Had stitches and getting pimples in the same area. What do you recommend? 2 minutes later
Most times its feces sometimes its sweat but ill mention it to my doctor but thanks for the advice

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Welcome again This should be completely normal as per my opinion but still you should get yourself checked for this. Sweating is normal thing and this may cause sensation of itching and which result in wiping again and again. Thanks