Had steroids cycle. Why am I getting sore and sensitive nipples? Can I get an input?

I had a steroids cycle last year and I been natural training since then and now all the sudden im getting sore and sensitive nipple, can you help please?
Posted Sat, 14 Jul 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 7 hours later

Sore nipple in a young male may be because of various reasons. It may be because of skin diseases involving the nipple (infective or allergic), cysts or benign tumors, enlargement of breast tissue (gynecomastia) or very rarely cancer. I don't think this is due to the steroids taken last year.

A careful clinical examination may reveal the cause and direct further investigations. Depending on the scenario you may require ultrasound, routine bloods and hormonal tests but on the other hand nothing may be necessary at all.

Please visit your GP, if he does not find anything serious, local application of emollient creams may settle the problem.

Best wishes