Had stents inserted and got nitro pills. Is it bad for heart?

Dec 2012

i had 2 stents about a month ago i got some nitro extend pills will it hurt me to take them is it bad for your heart
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normally used for certain coronary heart diseases

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting,

Nitro extend pills/nitroglycerin is a good medication for anginal pectoris but contraindicated or use with caution in myocardial infarction or heart attack and congestive heart failure. Also, use with caution when taking alcohol, hyperthyroidism, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, postural hypotension, volume depletion, low systolic BP etc. This medication is a potential risk for all the above conditions and will either aggravate them or cause other adverse conditions.
In your case, I would not say you should not take because of presence of stents but rather not take because of the probable condition that lead to the placement of the stents. If medication was prescribed by your doctor or cardiologist, then it will be best to ask him again if it is safe (as his/her judgement will prime).

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: Had stents inserted and got nitro pills. Is it bad for heart? 26 minutes later
are marine d-3 a good pill to take and hgh is it good to take when having stints
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
just a supplement

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for reply.
Marine D3 is just a supplement made up of natural or synthetic components and contains hardly any significant toxic components. Manufacturers claim they work to decrease aging and improve total health but personally I am not sure of it effectiveness but since it contains vitamine D3 I am sure it can also help with your bone formation and maybe give you some supplemental energy.

Hope this helps further
Dr. Nsah