Had stent put in leg. Having discomfort in calf, pain and swelling in ankle. Safe remedy?

General Surgeon
I had two stents put in my left leg 11 days ago. My left ankle has been swollen for the last three or four days. There is very little pain associated with this, some discomfort from lower calf to ankle but more concern about the swelling.
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
Your leg got infected and inflammed because of the manipulation and procedure done 11 days ago.
It is Cellulitis,inflammation of layers of skin.
It is caused by bacteria.
Please keep the left leg elevated above two pillows.Give rest to the leg.
Please take a good antibiotic like Cefuroxime or Clindamycin.Add anti inflmmatory drug also.
You apply Elastic crepe bandage to the left leg.
Nothing to worry.
It will come down.
Hope i answered your query.
If you have any doubts,i will clarify further
Awaiting your response
Wish you good health and speedy recovery