Had stent put in. Will it be safe to take moderate amount of alcohol?

i am 46 year old, i had 2 stent 25 days back, is 2-4 shot of alcohol in a week is good for my heart, is it weak my artries which is already damage after attack.

pls suggest
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 56 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

In my opinion it would be too early to take alcohol.

Moderate use of alcohol can prove helpful for heart in long term, but one needs to maintain the limit. Alcohol is thought to delay blocking of vessels that is atherosclerosis.

I think you can decide about this few weeks later after consultation with your doctor.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have other queries