Had stent put in. Have low bp, getting stressed. Taking carvedilol. How to stop taking this medicine?

I had a stent put in 5 years ago I did not have high blood pressure and now have low blood pressure but I had a business and was under a lot of stress. I have sence retired. I have been taking 25 mg carvedilol for 5 years with all the side affects. I cut it in half a year ago and can't tell any diforance. I do fish oil and vit. D and would to get off carvedilol. What do you think?
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

If your Blood pressure in not too low so as to cause complications and you do not have any heart related complications you can get off the Carvedilol. But before that you may have to get a 2D echocardiogram to ascertain the cardiac health in terms of ejection fraction and the cardiac muscle activity. If the 2D echocardiography report is normal then you can get off carvedilol after discussing with your treating doctor.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.