Had squamous cell removed from chest. Feeling tired all the time. What should I do?

Question
I HAD SQUAMUS CELL REMOVED FRON AN AREA ON MY CHEST'
SINCETHEN ABOUT A MONTH AGO;; I AM TIRED ALL THE TIME AND HAVE REALLY BAD PAIN IN BOTHKNEES'
THEY FEEL LIKE THEY ARE GOING TO CAVE IN ,,, IS THIS RELATED IN ANYWAY
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Skin Cancer

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 24 minutes later

Thanks for sharing your health concerns.

If the Squamous carcinoma removed was localized (completely removed with clean surgical margins, no evidence of disease anywhere else), then it is unlikely that the symptoms are related. Patients with squamous cell carcinoma that is widespread (metastasis or locally advanced and invasive) may have systemic symptoms and bone pain related to tumor itself.

Your dermatologist and/or oncologist would most certainly follow with you after surgery to ensure you are doing fine afterwards, including wound healing.

Hope this helps with your query, wish you the best health,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic Rochester MN