Had spotting and bleeding for a day. Could this be implantation bleeding? When should I take pregnancy test?

May 2013
I am not exactly sure when my last menstral cycle was, except that it was before XXXXXXX 20. My cycles are 28 days and very heavy. Last Sunday I had spotting and then bled the next day and a half. Could that be implantation? If so when would a good time be to take a pregnancy test??
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 46 minutes later

according to your menstrual history there is possibility for implantation bleeding on 8th July,
but just because of history we cannot confirm it,

if you do not remember your menstrual period date, try to remember the date of fruitful coitus and if your bleeding occurred around 1 week after that then there is chance for pregnancy and that may be implantation bleeding,

to get accurate result better wait for one more week and get blood test for pregnancy which can confirm pregnancy by detecting low levels of HCG also,

meanwhile you continue to take folic acid supplements and multivitamin and mineral supplements.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.