Had spotting. While urinating clots coming out. What does that mean?

Mar 2013
2 days I spotted then 3rd day I urinated and little clots came out and my period is regular and still when I urinate its little clots coming out
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 43 minutes later
You seem to be having a scanty period this time.
You have not mentioned if your bleeding / spotting this time was on schedule or a bit earlier or delayed.
There could be the following reasons for such a picture ;

1. Pregnancy related complication like failed pregnancy or an ectopic pregnancy.
2. Anxiety, stress, emotional turbulence, exercise, rapid fluctuations in weight, hectic travelling, surgery, recent illness or fever etc.
3. Endometrial hyperplasia ( thickening of the lining of the uterus ), endometrial or cervical polyp etc.
4. Polycystic ovarian disease.
5. Thyroid hormone imbalance, raised prolactin levels, adrenal hormone dysfunction etc.
6. Ingestion of birth control methods, or use of other medications that interfere with normal bleeding.

Please consult your gynecologist and have an XXXXXXX pelvic check up, appropriate blood tests and a pelvic transvaginal ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis.

Take care, and feel free to discuss further.