Had spontaneous pregnancy. Have uterine fibroid. Prescribed Ecosprin. Safe?

Mar 2013
Hello, I had a spontaneous pregnancy in September 2013 after a failed IVF in XXXXXXX 2013. Have uterine fibroid measuring 3X3. This is my first pregnancy after 5 years of trying, I am 32 years old. The doctor prescribed Ecosprin 75 once daily, pregsteron 400 mg twice daily, 5000 HUDOC biweekly and folsafe. Would you agree with this prescription? This is a very much expected "miracle" pregnancy, and I would like to do whatever possible to keep it. Thank you in advance
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Heartiest congratulations to you firstly on this blessed pregnancy, and all my best wishes to having a successful pregnancy and a wonderful experience with motherhood !
Normally, such a ' heavy ' prescription is not given to women having spontaneous conception.
Against this, we have to weigh your high risk factors, which are so many.
Firstly, the history of infertility, including a precious and am sure, costly attempt at IVF.
Secondly, your age in itself.
Thirdly, the uterine fibroid.
Now, Ecosprin 75 is given to improve blood flow to the baby, it has shown to reduce risks of developing hypertension in the mother resulting in decreased blood supply to the baby, and ultimately complications like growth restriction and even death of the baby.
Progesterone is a must as it is given to support the growing pregnancy.
Uterine fibroids can result in preterm labour and premature bleeding, growth restriction etc.
Progesterone provides hormonal support to the pregnancy, and prevents premature uterine contractions.
HUDOC 5000 is also a pregnancy supportive injection containing HCG.
This prescription is completely alright for you.
You have not mentioned the weeks of pregnancy, please let me know how far along are you.
You should be certainly taking folic acid 5 mg per day in the first trimester of pregnancy.
Please continue taking the medications as advised.
In addition, please rest adequately.
Avoid intercourse, stress, unaccustomed work or exertion, unnecessary travelling.
I wish you all the very best.
Please feel free to ask any further follow up questions also, I would be happy to address them.
Follow-up: Had spontaneous pregnancy. Have uterine fibroid. Prescribed Ecosprin. Safe? 13 minutes later
Thank you very much for your reponse and warm wishes. I am currently in my 6th week,last period was on 3 September 2013, conception likely on 12 or 13 September, latest bHCG of yesterday was over 6000. I am also taking elevit prenatal pregnancy complex, can it be taken safely along with folsafe?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
Sorry I missed that you are taking Folsafe already, so I suggested folic acid.
For a 6 week pregnancy, the prescription provided to you is optimum.
Elevit contains iron and calcium, which are started only after the 14th week of pregnancy.
Please do not take Elevit right now.
You can start taking it once you complete 12 weeks.
Continue only Folsafe with the rest of the medications right now.
All the best.
Follow-up: Had spontaneous pregnancy. Have uterine fibroid. Prescribed Ecosprin. Safe? 21 hours later
Thank you Dr XXXXXXX I have last question. Sometime in my 2nd-3rd week of pregnancy before I found out about it, I used 2 tablets of clotrimazol 100 intravaginally to treat the infection. Could it have harmed my future baby?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Intravaginal tablets would anyway not enter your circulation enough to cause damage.
Also, just 2 tablets would not cause any damage at all to the baby.
Please do not worry about it at all.
Feel free to contact me anytime using the following direct link -