Had spinning, dizzy sensation. Could not go back to sleep as the sensation returns. Advice?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi. last night i was woken up by a spinning dizzying sensation. and i cld notgo back to sleep at all because each time i closed my eyes the sensation return. pls help.
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 38 minutes later
There are many causes for dizziness

Common ones are high blood pressure, low blood pressure, cervical spondylitis, anemia, and low blood sugar, use of sedatives, tranquilizers and antidepressants, middle ear disease.

Uncommon reasons can be due to brain reasons or arrhythmias and cardiomyopathies.

My purpose of telling you the causes is so that you don't take your symptoms lightly and consult your doctor and get yourself physically examined along with various investigations.
I hope you understand

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.