Had sore throat and cough. Feeling tired, upset stomach, headache and hard knot on neck. Related?

My husband noticed a hard, dime size knot on the left side of his neck. About 2 weeks ago he had a sore throat and cough. He has recently been feeling tired with upset stomach and sometimes a headache will creep up. He just noticed the knot today. Does it sound like it's just related to the cold that he has a few weeks ago?
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 39 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

It looks like he is having an enlarged lymph node in the neck. It is unlikely to be due to the cold he had few weeks ago.
I would advice you to get it examined by his doctor.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini