Had sore calf muscle and swollen. Feeling like pulled muscle. What could it be?

Hi I have had a sore calf muscle for almost a week it feels like a pulled muscle but I'm positive it's not and now I have noticed it is a bit swollen compared to my other calf
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need a doppler

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
The probable cause is:
1) Deep vein thrombosis
2) Hematoma
3) Muscle pull/ strain

With the history of having deep vein thrombosis, the first suspicion would be a recurrence of DVT. Many times it may not present with florid symptoms but there may be a blockage. You should plan for an urgent dopler USG test to check your veins.
Another benign cuase could be a trauma causing inflammation or hematoma. This may cause similar symptoms.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.