Had slight bleeding after having sex. What could be the reason?

Jul 2016

I had sexual intercourse with my husband last night and woke this morning to go to the bathroom and when I wiped a few times, each time there was a bit of blood?
This has never happened before? And I've only ever been with him ?
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
noticed slight blood from your vagina after having a sex with your husband

Most probably this is due to injury due to dry vigorous sex and hard erected penis while attempting penetration of vagina.

However this can be confirmed only on clinical and per speculum examination by a qualified Gynaecologist.

In the meanwhile just clean your vagina with warm water or dilute savlon solution.and apply soothing topical antiseptic cream like soframycin .Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Follow-up: Had slight bleeding after having sex. What could be the reason? 10 hours later
A friend of mine said it could be from deep penetration?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 26 minutes later
Thanks for follow up.
Woman Vagina is capacious enough to accommodate large size penis hence there are no chances of injury due to deep penetration even though it hits cervix.
It is always at the introitus (Entry Of vagina) that results in injury while penetrating the dry vagina.
Do not worry it will heal up within a weak.
Thanks And Regards