Had skin tags removed with liquid nitrogen from neck and shoulders, reappearing. Do they ever stop appearing?

I have had skin tags removed with liquid nitrogen on various occasions, mostly on my neck and shoulders. But I notice that I keep seeing new tiny ones all over my neck and shoulders. They don't bother me but I wonder what causes their continual appearance.
Do they ever stop appearing and why do they appear?
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 57 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.

Skin tags recurrences are very common. They occur commonly due to a sudden increase in the weight of the person over a period of 6 months or it can occur to due to hereditary reasons or due to a condition of insulin resistance or even in pre-diabetic or diabetic states .

The best way to remove them is by radiofrequency at the dermatologist's clinic. However , unfortunately there is no way to prevent their occurrence .

Thanks and take care
Follow-up: Had skin tags removed with liquid nitrogen from neck and shoulders, reappearing. Do they ever stop appearing? 17 minutes later
Thank you. I have had them for several or more years. Insurance only covers spraying with liquid nitrogen, though sometimes it leaves slight marks. My glucose is just over 100 and I am dieting.
Either way could a person ever become covered with little tiny skin tags that are not bothersome?
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 5 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.

Yes an individual can keep getting recurrent skin tags even otherwise. However they will never spread all around the body . They would be largely restricted on the folds like neck , underarm and groin .

Thanks and take care.