Had sistrunk procedure and feel weird at where cyst was located, told to be scar tissue. Tonsil swollen

I had a sistrunk procedure back in November 2012, and now I am feeling something funny on the left side of the top of my throat near where the cyst was located. I am very nervous it is something like cancer. Family Dr. Said it could be scar tissue, ent said maybe anatomy moved because the hyoid was removed, but ordered a ct scan. My tonsils and glands are swollen and my whole family has been dealing with sicknesses on and off for the past month. Is it possible the cyst is recurring because of illness? Would he have seen cancer if it was there in November? When I stick out my tongue, it moves and I cannt feel it when eating or breathing. I am petrified of throat cancer. I will mention I am 35 am not a smoker or a big drinker. Just a nervous mom
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not a cancer, just irritation from scar

Detailed Answer:

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concerns.

Its not a cancer, it most likely is irritation around the scar. Please relax, and try to avoid poking the area of the scar with repeated tongue touches or hand touch.

Now let me answer your question as per appearance.
1) The sistrunk procedure is a method to remove it from all the points including its branches so its highly unlikely to reoccur.

2) Yes the biopsy may have been done if there was any suspicion of cancer, so I don't think their was even a slight doubt about the cancer. Please calm down.

3) Now it will move as its connected to the tongue since the thyroid gland originates near tongue and then migrates to the throat, the line of migration sometimes stays and its known as thyroglossal tract. Nothing to worry. There is no chances of throat cancer.

Thanks for the query, Please feel free to contact me in case of further concerns.