Had sissel polyps removed from descending colon during colonoscopy. Risk of colon cancer?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have a 11mm semi sissel polyps removed from descending colon during a colonoscopy in 2010. How is my risk of getting colon cancer?
thanks a lot!
XXXXX
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

I need some more information before I can give my opinion

I would like to know -\

1. What is the histopathological report of the polyps removed in 2010?
2. Why was colonoscopy done?
3. Is there any family history of colon cancer?

Kindly get back to me with the answers and I would give my opinion.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Had sissel polyps removed from descending colon during colonoscopy. Risk of colon cancer? 2 days later
2007 colitis bleeding and have colonoscopy and found burst of blood vessel in colon due to high colestral. Another colonoscopy 3 months after and found polyps as disc ribbed by gi. Did not ask him size and kind. 2010 another colonoscopy found one 11 mm semi sessil polyps in descending colon and lab said benign. Gi recommend 3 year follow up colonoscopy. Just want to know my risk of getting colon cancer.
Thanks
No history of colon cancer

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
You come under low risk category

Detailed Answer:
Since there is no family history of colon cancer and that the sessile polyp which was detected in 2010 was benign, the risk of you developing cancer is very low.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini