Had sinus infection detected through X-ray and lymph node on lungs was found. Could this be cause?

I recently had a bad sinus infection which was detected through a chest x-ray and also a chest CT scan. They found a 2 inch lymph node on my lung and stated it is probably caused from the sinus infection. Could this be true? Also my cardiac enzymes were very high. What could be the cause of this?

Thank you so much
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 29 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The 2cm lymph node size in that region denotes enlargement.
Sinus infection is often associated with cough and respiratory infection and which in turn can cause lymph node enlargement, so it is possible.
Raised cardiac enzymes are released from heart, in case of lung infections there can be pericarditis and pericarditis which are the outer covering and overall of heart respectively are the source of these markers.
another important cause of raised cardiac markers is myocardial infraction.
An ECHO can differentiate the two and is worth to be done in your case, because treatment is totally different in the two diseases.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Follow-up: Had sinus infection detected through X-ray and lymph node on lungs was found. Could this be cause? 56 minutes later
I am wondering if the lymph node is still there after sinus infection clears and all antibiotics have been taken and it shows on another chest x-ray, what then could it be?

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 45 minutes later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
The lymph nodes take time in weeks to come back to normal size even when the infection is cleared.
Wish you a great health!