Had sinus infection. Have knot on head, stiff neck and fullness in ears and eyes. What's wrong?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Hi im 36 years old, I have a knot on my head on the top but little on the left. I have a feeling of fullness in my ears, and eyes, and my neck stiff. I had a sinus infection just last week and havent taken anything for it. I do feel like im stuffy in my face. What do you think in regards to my symptoms
Posted Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 3 hours later
Thanks for writing to us

It will be helpful if you give more information about your knot like :-
1. How long have you had the knot?
2. What is the size of the knot? Whether the size has increased or is constant?
3. Is it associated with any pain?
4. Is it fixed or mobile?

Fullness in your eyes and ears can be due to sinus infection.
You should take antihistaminic medicine like Fenofexadine 120 mg once a day along with decongestant like phenylepherine twice a day after getting examined by your doctor. Steam inhalation will also help in relieving symptoms of sinusitis. Paracetamol can be taken if you are having pain/fever.

I think if you could send a picture of the knot, it would be very helpful. A clinical examination would however be necessary. Depending on the findings, we would need a FNAC/biopsy. This will help in knowing the cause of the swelling. Management can be planned accordingly.

I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any more questions, I will be happy to help.